Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Quilt's for Baby Boy Backos?

When I told everyone that I was going to have a grandbaby,
people wondered how many quilts would I make,
One, two or ten?

I didn't want to smother the poor little guy so I
actually have made only one.

I wanted it to be a quilt that he could use and drag around,
cuddle with, and enjoy.
Elizabeth has an animal theme in the nursery so
I had to pick monkeys.

 2011

I started with some Riley Blake fabrics and added some
brown flannel for the bodies and bright flannels for their tummies.
The pattern is from the book Quilts, BABY! by Linda Kopp.

 Each monkey ended up with his own personality.

To add to their cuteness the ears
and face are three dimensional.
Hopefully, those ears will stay on for awhile!

And what would be most appropriate for the back...
 more monkeys.
a Robert Kaufman fabric
Don't they make you smile.

I'm looking forward to the actual day
when we get to wrap that little guy up in this quilt.
It won't be long now.
Until Next Time-

5 comments:

  1. So cute - they look like they need a little poke in their bellies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is perfect, I can't wait for him to use it!! ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet and perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, can't wait to hear when he arrives.

    ReplyDelete