Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Are you a Pumpkin Eater?

With the little ghosts and goblins at home
eating their haul, I took my pie pumpkins off the porch
and (add a ghoulish laugh) butchered them!!
 

No sense wasting perfectly good pumpkins
when there seems to be another shortage.

Peter, the Pumpkin Eater would be glad I was
so resourceful.


One of my families favorite pumpkin recipes is
Pumpkin Rolls.

These are a yeast bread, soft and yummy.
Not a lot of pumpkin taste, but it adds to the texture and color.

The fun part about making these is that
you make dough snakes and then
tie them in a knot.
Kids would think that was too much fun.

I'll send anyone the recipe if you're interested.

They're great with any meal, including Thanksgiving.
I put a bunch in the freeze.
But for now they're served with the soup of the week.

Roast Butternut Squash Soup.

Soup = less cooking time = more quilting time.
It's a good plan.
Until Next Time-

3 comments:

  1. I would love your pumpkin roll recipe! Thanks ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the pumpkin Queen, would love the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'd love the recipe! Go pumpkins! Thanks Kyle.

    ReplyDelete