Monday, March 8, 2010

March Is the Color Green

Of course, March is the color green.  Spring is approaching and St. Patrick's day is nothing but green.  I thought I would share a few of my quilts that could be used to celebrate the month.

I searched through one pile, no, nothing green.

There's more in this closet.  None here.

What about upstairs in the linen closet?  Oh, I found one!

Well, I discovered something about my quilt collection, both old and new, green is not one of my favorite color pallets.  After looking in all the quilt hideaways, I have 3 quilts that I can share that would be considered green. I actually like the color, I wear it, I eat it, I grow it, I spend it and I recycle.  It's restful, it fresh, it's a beautiful natural color in all shades.  I guess I just don't think about it as a whole quilt.

Historically, green was generally an overdye process of yellow and blue which proved to be fugitive  It was the common green in American quilts through at least 1890.

"Harvest Home"



I started this quilt in 2004 and finally finished it in 2007.  It was a store sample for awhile.

"Timeless Reflections"
 
This quilt is a reproduction of a 1840's applique quilt.

It's hand appliqued and hand quilted.  I started it in 1998 and finished in 2001.

"Chubby Chick"
 
This could be spring and green.  It's a Black Mountain pattern.  
 
 I hand appliqued the chicks and machine quilted it.
These chick are just so cute!
2009
Enjoy the month of March with leprechauns, Guinness, day light savings time changes, spring and green quilts.

Until Next Time-Kyle

2 comments:

  1. I like them all, the chicks one makes me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is this going to inspire a new green quilt? I love the ones you've shown here.

    ReplyDelete