Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red, White and Blue

There's something wonderful about
the combination of 
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE.

July's Quilt Show

1995
The trend was cutesy and folksy.
I had liked the border fabric and designed the rest to go with it.
Stars are always a good choice for a July quilt.

2002
"Liberated Lady" 
This quilt was a year long project and based
on a pattern from Kansas Troubles Quilters.
A group of friends
met once a month to work specifically on this pattern.
Each month, my friend, Becky and I, would pick a new
location in town to meet and work.

Here we all are at City Park by 
the Statue of Liberty.

I had bought so many different fabrics to use in 
the Liberated Lady quilt, I used the remaining
fabric to make
"Stars and Stripes Forever"
October, 2002

This time the stars were quilted into the pattern.
It was a fun to get a second quilt made with the same fabrics.
It was like getting a "free" quilt.

This quilt was based on a pattern by
Blackbird Designs.
I love to applique
Beyond the Tragedy
2002
This quilt was made to remind me to look
beyond the tragedy of September 11, 2001
and to find strength in our spiritual lifes,
our homes and families,
the beauty of the world,
and
the blessings of our country.

Have a wonderful celebration this 4th of July with your family and friends.
Until Next Time-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment