Wednesday, February 27, 2019

February Mini Check-In

With only 28 days in the  month of February
you've got to apply the
K.I.S.S principle.
To make it less harsh
than the original acronym
I'm saying
"Keep It Simple, Sweetie".💗

That was my principle
as I worked on my February small quilt.


"KISS"
16" x 21"

Nothing quite says February
more than hearts.


Yay! Everything from my resource center,
including the pink 28 wt. Aurifil thread.


One of the wonderful benefits
of having "talented quilting blogging
friends" is the inspiration.
they share with me and many others.
I have always been a double binding kind of a gal,
but because Barb had shared a single binding tutorial
I decided to give it a try.

I really liked the feel it had on the small quilt
with it not being so thick at the edges.

My challenge has always been
folding and ironing a carefully even seam allowance
for the back side.
I just took my time and used
"a ruler" (duh)  for better accuracy and consistency
and did all that before sewing the binding on.

It's nice to know you can
teach an old quilter some new tricks.💗💗
Check it out..

****
Update

Again I wanted to thank many of
you for taking the time to vote for my daughter, Jessica,
 in the Northern Colorado Teacher Tuesday Contest.

Unfortunately, she didn't win, but has
given her some much need recognition for her
abilities, love of teaching
and dedication to the profession.
Plus a $50 gift card to a local restaurant.
Thanks!
Until Next Time-
Kyle

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Perfect for February! I'm linking them all today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your February mini is so sweet! Sometimes it just feels good to make something simple :) Wonderful fabrics, too, and--you had everything at your fingertips! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You applied the KISS principle beautifully! I love the way you quilted this. I've never tried machine quilting with 28 weight, do you still use 50 wt in your bobbin? The 28 wt is so nice for hand quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I'm sorry that your daughter didn't win, but as a great teacher, she is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyle precios< bonita colcha.
    Tu hija seguro es una magnífica y buena Maestra.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little mini is just so adorable--perfect February project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty sweet quilt, especially love the hearts quilted into the border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A darling February mini. Great quilting--love the border hearts.
    I love the "resource center"idea! So much more important sounding than "stash". :)
    Yes, I have always used single fold binding on my minis. Don't recall who told me to do it--wouldn't have thought of it on my own, I'm sure. :) But it does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable mini and perfect piece for February. I especially like the heart quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet quilt for February. Aren’t blogging friends the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. KISS is absolutely delicious in every way. I like your acronym better that the one I learned. Your mix of pinks is spot on and the loopy hearts add more sweetness.
    Thanks for trying my binding and adding a link here.
    I'm sorry your daughter didn't win, but a restaurant gift card is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my but those pinks are pretty. I have been in a pink mood lately and have collected some fabric pieces in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very sweet Feb mini! The quilting is perfect for it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your small quilt is so pretty and even one that I think I could manage, LOL. Thank you for your sweet comments and the friendship you share. It means a lot.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect little quilt to wind up the month of February. And such an appropriate name too - much nicer than the definition typically used. Your blog is always filled with good tips and I appreciate how you share your quilting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty little quilt enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little hearts are so cute, and your quilting is beautiful! I love the hearts in the border. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is delightful. Thanks for the link to the binding idea. I will head over for a look.

    ReplyDelete