Monday, January 24, 2011

Come Saturday Morning

At the store, the owners have been playing
new music from Muzak.
Even if the music is good or bad sometimes you
just can't get it out of your head.

On Friday I heard a song I hadn't heard in a very long time.
It's by the Sandpiper's.
They sang it in 1969.
"Come Saturday Morning."

I remember it from the movie, The Sterile Cuckoo, 1969, with
Liza Mennelli and Wendell Burton.
The movie itself was kind of quirky, but
I loved the song.
It seemed so carefree, untroubled, free spirited way back then.
I was a Freshman in college.



Anyway, I thought it was a good sign seeing
I was going to have 
a Saturday adventure myself.

So off I went with a couple of friends to 
check out a couple of quilt shops.
You can't get more adventurous than that.

Several yards of fabrics later, good laughs with
other customers, and new projects being created,
my friend got a phone call that her mother was
on her way to the hospital.

Wait a minute.
Put on the brakes and head back to reality.
Saturday morning was over.

Well, we slipped in a few hours of fun, but then
like the song says we traveled on.

It was a great morning and
I hope my friend's mom is doing OK.

Until Next Time-

1 comment: