Trying to be efficient with your time
is one way to accomplish more than you
might have anticipated.
I have spent the last couple weeks trying to do just that.
Have I been successful?
Well, I'm further ahead than I was, so
I guess, that would say I was making progress.
You might remember that I started working
on these Stars Upon Star blocks about 2 years ago.
The blocks are hand pieced and all 15 stars are done, along
with half stars and quarter stars.
I staled out when it came to the pieced sashing.
This photo is Aline Joulin's quilt, Ogeechee, which I first saw
at Houston's International Quilt Festival in 2018.
Why haven't I been able to move forward?
Because I had to figure out the math to make these units!
Finally, with some brain power,
I cut and sewed a practice piece and
much to my surprise, it seems to fit.
So, in order to be as efficient as I could be
and make some progress,
I began cutting and organizing strips into sets of 5 to be machine pieced
into sashing units.
It took several days to create 35 different combinations
and then to begin sewing them together.
I'm actually still sewing strips and
then when those are finally done,
I'll sub cut 1.5" pieces.
These units are sewn into a staggered pattern to make the
Even though it gets a bit boring and repetitive to do
the steps required for the 35 pieces all at the same time,
I find it an efficient approach for me.
I do try and pace myself so, that I don't
go too crazy or crazier than I already am.
We'll see how it all works out.
Until Next Time-