Monday, December 5, 2011

Comfort Amongst the Bustle

During the past week many of the bloggers
that I follow have been posting some wonderful
holiday quilts.

I love the seasonal joy that can come from the comfort
of a quilt made specifically for Christmas.
It can evoke memories of Christmas past,
family traditions, and the warmth of the holiday.

A traditional log cabin design brings thoughts of
hearth and home as families gather together.

 Log Cabin
2004
84" x 100"

I started this quilt on a retreat at
Lynn Hagmeier's, of  Kansas Troubles Quilter.
Of course, I used one of her charming homey lines of fabrics.
It was the perfect interpretation of a classic pattern for me.
And done in reds, greens and creams makes it just right
for this time of the year.


This quilt called
 "Christmas Ribbons"
(2010)
collects all the colors of packages, ribbons and gifts.

It's a pattern from Kim Brackett's book
Scrap Basket Surprise.
I love the fact that it's a wonderful pattern to use
leftover pieces of Christmas fabrics or a jelly roll and
looks like ribbon looping and twisting.
 It's as bright and fun as the paper we
wrap our gifts in.

This pillow was made just for fun.
It reminds me that the holiday is full of
delight and enjoyment.
"Holly Socks"
16" x 33"
The pillow is jumbo and is a playful reminder of looking
at the season through the eyes of children.

It's a pattern from Jeanne Large and Shelley Wick's book
"Tis the Season".

Christmas quilts are perfect  for bringing comfort
during these cold and snowy nights and busy bustling days.  
As part of the holiday decorations, 
they can bring a smile to your heart.
Snuggle and be cozy.

Until Next Time-

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. What beautiful quilts. I think I need to make a log cabin quilt to keep. That's such a timeless pattern.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilts, and I love the pillow. I don't think I have seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts ! Christmas is upon us as well as winter and snow. Time for fireplaces and hot tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great quilts. I just want to snuggle under that log cabin. And I love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects! That reminds me that I have a red and green log cabin top stashed away. Need to finish!

    ReplyDelete