Friday, August 26, 2011

What's New

I took my camera to work today,
so I thought I'd show a few of the new lines of
fabric that are now on our shelves.
I'm amazed at how many new lines the fabric
companies produce and how often.

Our shop owner, Laura, has to be
selective in what she brings in.
There are just so many styles,
manufacturers, and many of the lines are 
40 - 50 bolts.
That's a lot of fabric even for us 
that have a fabric dependency.

This is our shop hop kit that we featured earlier this spring.
The border batik fabric, as well as the fabric on the bolt,
was designed by Hoffman exclusively for Northern Colorado's
shop hop.  It comes in four different color ways and features
hummingbirds and columbines.
Perfect for a Rocky Mountain High.

Even though it is August and hot, we just received
Moda's Kansas Troubles newest flannel line,
Flannel Days.



Oh, my. It is so soft and the 
colors are so rich.
It won't be long before the weather turns cool and 
flannel becomes the favorite.

Yes, if you must know, I brought some home.

We brought Alexander Henry's The Gastlies
back in this year.
I had made some pillowcases using this delightful, and
creepy fabric and the fabric flew out the door.
The design is a little like the author Roald Dahl, the director, Tim Burton, and 
the illustrator Edward Gorey

Get some before it's gone.

The last group I'll share is the Moda's Amelia, designed
It's flannel.  I hope that it's not a sign of what winter will be like.

The colors are bright and the designs cheer you up.

When the UPS guy shows up in the afternoon, it's
just like Christmas.  What is coming in today?

If you need a fabric fix, I know, the Fig Leaf and
other independent quilt shops can help you out.
What will I need this weekend?

1 comment: