Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let It Snow-Not Really

This week we are finally suppose
to get some hot weather. 
Summer might actually be close.

And I finally finished the quilt
"Snowmen from A to Zzzz."
Snowmen in June?
This pattern from Crabapple Hill is super cute.
I've been embroidering on it for 
over a year.


I had it machine quilted by a local quilter, Kathy H.
She added funky swirls over the quilt, which went along with the
quirkiness of the snowmen.

What's taken me three weeks to do is
some bead work.  I wanted to add
some sparkle and I had to do it after the quilt was quilted.
  I added a lot of beads and
I really like how it turned out.

Beading was something I had never done before. 
It's good to try a new technique.

Here's the label.
You always think you'll remember when you made something.  
Not really.

I'm actually tired of the cold weather we've had this spring
so this quilt is getting tucked away until next year.
Then it can snow, but no more snowmen for now.
Until Next Time-

4 comments:

  1. The beading adds such lovely detail! Gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the beading...it's so sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt kyle . The beading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete