Friday, August 13, 2010

Fabulous Friday


For today:

Looking Out My Window:  A couple of weeks ago my pumpkin plant had a flower. Now look what I have.



 My Weekend Plans Include: We're having some friends over for dinner on Saturday so Ed and I will be doing some fun cooking.  This is our new favorite way to cook salmon.

Pan-Seared Salmon with Ginger Lime Butter
from: Tastes of Italia, August 2010

4 t butter,softened at room temp
3t fresh lime juice, warmed slightly
2 t fresh ginger, minced
1 t chopped parsley
1 t olive oil
4 salmon fillets (4 oz each) skinned, if desired and patted dry
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, lime juice, ginger and parsley. Set aside.
In a large ovenproof skillet, add the olive oil and spread.  Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon.
When oil just starts to smoke, add salmon, skin side up and cook about 1 minute or until nicely browned.  Turn the fish over, cover the skillet, and put it in the over.  Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. 
Remove skillet from the oven.  Press on top of fish.  If firm, salmon is done.  
Serve immediately with ginger lime butter and extra fresh lime juice if desired.
 
I’m Reading: Where Women Create  and Organizing Your Craft Space by Jo Packham.  I'm hoping for some tips.
 
Movie Marquee:   It's Complicated, and With Six You Get Egg Rolls, with Doris Day and Brian Keith, 1968.

Something Quiltie: My favorite batting to use is Quilter's Dream Cotton, Request.  It's 100% cotton, low loft, it gives my quilts an antique look and feel, and it quilts through like butter.
I’m Thinking About:  This is upcoming week is the last week of training for my running man. 

One of My Favorite Things: I'm a list maker.  I make lists for the day, for the week, for the month, quilting lists, grocery lists, Target lists, Sam's Club lists, movies, books, ...  

What I’m Planning: I need to get my list going for Leadville, winter coat, hat, mittens, blanket, food, hot chocolate, cookies....

What’s For Dinner: I'm not sure if Ed is on a carbo loading day or a protein day.  I'm having a leftover turkey burger.
A Favorite Photo:  Do you ever see faces in the trees?
 The old cottonwood by the lake
 The ash tree by the patio
 Until Next Time-Kyle

1 comment: