Monday, April 19, 2010

Work Should Be Fun

Last week I moved my sewing machine from my sewing room to the dining room table.  I needed to put on a binding and having the big table helps to hold the quilt while I sew.  Well, that was last week and my machine is still on the dining room table.
 I have left it there because it is a beautiful place to work. I like my sewing room.  It has everything right at my finger tips.  But it definitely lacks one thing.

It's not "A Room With a View".

There are research reports that state that a "fun" work environment results in more creativity and more productivity.  Being surrounded with windows, having the patio door open and enjoying the warm spring day certainly is a "fun" environment.  My schedule today was totally flexible, I had everything I needed, I was really productive.  It was a great day.  I cranked out "Snap Happy Bags" like there was no tomorrow.

I took a momnent off and surfed the net for some other cool places to work.  Take a look at this link if you want to see some cool work places.  Can you imagine being on the conference bike?

My dining room table has just one small detail that makes it a bit challenging.
Someone else is at the other end.  Oh, well, it's good to share.

Until Next Time-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment