I was inspired by a friend, who loves to find old quilt tops and either redo them or use the fabrics for new projects. I decided this little quilt needed me to come to it's rescue and restitch it. That's what I have started to do.
I started by taking the quilt apart in sections.
The quilt was pretty much sewn together by hand using a thick linen thread. I'm not sure if the same person did all of the sewing. A few pieces were stitch by machine. Whoever did that believed the more stitches the better. It was sewn with about 20 stitches to the inch. Fortunately, the fabric was not so perforated so that it split.
After everything is apart it's time to put it back together again. I need to remark the correct seam allowance on all of the pieces. Because I am sewing by hand I mark the actual stitching line.
Slowly, it's coming back together. The points are much better and it is looking great. I'm hoping I will have enough fabric to get the top back together again. Some pieces have just worn out.
I have about 5 of these sections completed and more ready to be sewn. I'll keep you up dated on my progress.
The long march through January is perfect for this kind of project.
Until Next Time- Kyle