Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kyle's Pile

I have stepped over it, I have stepped around it, I have stepped on it for over a year.  I guess it's time to do something about "Kyle's pile" of fabric.  I have had on the floor of my sewing room, just taking up space and being an obstacle.  I bought the flannel and the pattern, Starry Night, designed by All Through the Night and was ready to start.  Good intentions, but no results.  I'm not even sure why I have left it in the same spot all this time and maneuvered over it, around it, and on top of it. 


Our snow storm last week gave me time to evaluate my queue of projects and guess which one came to the top? It's time to either work on it or at least move it out of the way.  I started cutting on Monday and today worked on some flying geese units.  I'm going to try and work on the applique in the evenings and hopefully it won't take me too long to get "Kyle's pile  off the floor!" 

It should be perfect when the cold nights of winter require an extra log on the fire,  and a quilt to snuggle under. Which will be a good thing. Some of you know who controls the thermostat at my house.  I'll let you know how I progress.

Pursue The Things You Love Doing

You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.
Maya Angelou

Until next time -Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment