The strategy of Meredithe's
17 UFO's in 2017
has been a good one for me so far.
Progress, progress, progress.
I worked on and finished two quilts that were
"fast to finish" and the latest was
one that had a "current deadline".
So what's up now?
One is a "Long Term" project
and the other one is "something I love to work on".
I've actually been hand quilting
since the first of the year
Noah and Matilda,
an antique reproduction applique
Winter evenings are the perfect time
to get underneath the quilt and
I had my machine quilter baste
it for me. That is something
I would highly recommend especially for
big full size quilts.
It's been working perfectly.
I've been quilting the feathered wreaths
before the light pencil markings disappear
and then around the appliques.
It's starting to fill in.
My handquilting montra has
"just a hoop a day"
and to always finish the thread in my needle
before quitting for the day.
That's added up to a lot of stitches over time.
I'm far from done, but
it's making progress!
The second quilt is the
Dutch Medallion I started last year
which was the 2016 Mystery quilt
found in Quiltmania and designed by
I had gotten this far last summer
with still two more pieced borders to go.
It's not a mystery anymore, and that's
fine with me.
The next border was added on
and a vine appliqued in place.
I was eager to try the newest Aurifil thread,
the ultra thin #80 weight cotton.
It's melts into the fibers and completely
disappears. I've tried fine silk threads before and
it was continually slipping out of the eye of the needle.
This doesn't do that, at least, with my
I'm super pleased.
Now there's a lot of EPP
to work on.
But it's so fun working with the
beautiful patterns on the Dutch fabrics
that I covet and use every little bit.
Maybe someday I'll be able to get more!
I love making progress on this quilt.
It's exactly what quilting should be.
Until Next Time-