Friday, May 6, 2011

Fabulous Friday

For Today:
Looking Out My Window:  Well, there are only a few pelicans left on the lake which is now void of fish and probably full of pelican poo.

My Weekend Plans Include: Ed and Elizabeth are heading to Waco, Texas for her undergrad adviser's retirement party from Baylor.  So I will be baching it. I'm hoping Jessica and Martin will be up to make me a Mother's Day Brunch.

I’m Reading: The Postmistress by Sarah Blake, which is the story of 3 women in 1940.

Movie Marquee: Secretariat. 

Something Quiltie: I have been doing quite a bit of machine quilting this week.  Stashbusters is coming up and I am the speaker this month so I've had to get my motivational quilt ready.  Like any skill the more you practice the better you get.  I've been doing more intricate designs rather than the overall stippling.  It definitely takes more time, but the results are a lot more interesting.

One of My Favorite Things: I love the new little  mini buns that Sara Lee is making.  Have you seen them?  Sliders are in now. I've been using them for all kinds of sandwiches. It's the perfect size for a burger or a BBQ Chicken sandwich.  Fewer calories too.


What’s For Dinner:There's leftover Chicken in the frig and I'll make a  fresh Strawberry Spinach Salad to go with it.

A Favorite Photo:
Happy Mother's Day

Until Next Time-

2 comments:

  1. We will be up to make you a special Mother's Day Paleo Brunch :) just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete