Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fabulous Friday

For today: 

Looking Out My Window: It's gotten cold enough for ice on the lake. 

My Weekend Plans Include: If you read my previous post you'll know how I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving, shopping, organizing, prepping. Maybe I can squeak in some quilting as well.

I’m Reading: Open by Andre Agassi

Movie Marquee:  Sherlock Holmes and Toy Story 3.  We'll plan to save them for the holiday. They'll be good ones for the family to watch.

Something Quiltie:  We got some wonderful zippers in at the store last week.  They are perfect for making bags.  They are the deal of the day, a 14" zipper- $1.00.  They're from Atkinson's Design and the colors coordinate with all the current color trends.  Perfect time to make a bag.

One of My Favorite Things: is trying new recipes.  Now that's it's just Ed and myself, I'm met with little resistance.  I get tired of cooking the same things over and over.  So this past week we had something new for dinner 4 times.  We had a frittata with zucchini and goat cheese from Williams-Sonoma, Bobby Flays' Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara from the Food Network Magazine, Teriyaki Burgers from Annie's Eats, and Creamy Portobello Soup also from the Food Network Mag.  All were winners.


I’m Thinking About: the fact that sometimes the days feel so long, but the years go by so quickly. Where has all the time gone?  There's not a minute to waste.  It's so important to enjoy the moment and don't let opportunity pass you by.

What’s For Dinner: I vote for pizza.

A Favorite Photo: 
 Don and Elizabeth having fun
making raviolis

Until Next Time-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment