Monday, August 29, 2022

August Minis

I hope you'll agree that 
 our projects and stitching
should bring us pleasure, smiles
and even laughter.

Each month there is a group of bloggers
who have been challenged 
and, hopefully, have found joy in
creating a monthly mini and then 
sharing their creativity with others.
Our blogging friend, Wendy,
facilitator of this diverse group.
Thank you ,Wendy.  I've appreciated your 
"constant" dedication! 

This month I only have a quilt top.
My attention had been diverted to stitching hst's!


Sunflowers and Sunshine
38" x 38"

Yellow scraps and a pattern
designed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
was fun to stitch 
during the last of the summer days.
You can get the free sunflower block
pattern here from Aurifil.


Yes, there were a few more
half square triangles to make,
but that yellow fabric 
was just so happy to play with. 

The four blocks went together quickly.
The striped border fabric had been used
in my daughter's first grade classroom 
as shelf drape.
Now it was happily being 
 used once again.


My fence line-up for this month had to be called
Sunflowers and Sunshine.



Here's a closer look at the middle quilt.
From where you're looking, it doesn't seem 
to fit the theme, but


 the border fabric was its ticket
to join in on the fence parade.

****
Also wanted to give you all an update on the free
"Oh, Say Can You Sew" mystery quilt
generously designed by Lisa Bongean.

The stack of 128 blocks
is ready and waiting 
for clue #6.



Until Next Time-
Kyle 





16 comments:

  1. Kyle maravillosos girasoles, tu exhibición de valla fabulosa ¡¡felicidades !!, me encantan todos ellos. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those TEENY, TINY HSTs would, certainly, take some time! Whew!! Yours are impressive. Lovely line display this month, I adore everything about that Sunflower quilt, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sunflower fence lineup! Those new sunflower blocks look like great fun to make! I'm off to heck out the link, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing what your new mini is and how you manage to find a line up on a theme. It would be so fun to work with all those lovely yellows. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful sunflower quilt! It's such a great block - cheerful land sunny. I also like the little sparkle the stars in the sashing add. I'm so impressed that you got all of those hst's made and sewn into the 9 patches. I've been away for 1/2 the month of August and there's no way I will get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy mini! And your fence line-up is just perfect for August with all those wonderful yellows and golds - my favorites! Love them all, but especially the one on the far left. I’ll bet you are thrilled to be done with all those HST’s😊.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love the fence line up and the sunflowers are so cheery! Congratulations on completing all 128 blocks. They look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your August minis cause me to smile. Each one is stunning, Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy sunflower blocks! With all the HSTs you have been creating for the mystery SAL, I am impressed that you had time to even get the sunflower top put together!
    Love your sunshiny display of quilts on the fence! :)
    And kudos for getting the 128 blocks all stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous!! A perfect August mini! I truly enjoy your monthly line up. I love all clotheslines, but I especially like it when they are covered in quilts. I love your starting photo too. You find the best vintage images! Thanks for another great mini! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely collection of sunshine quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I LOVE to see the fence quilt show! What a great group of quilts and the Sunflower quilt top is spectacular! I can not belive how many HST you have made for the new sewalong! wee - the little bocks are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sunflowers are a delight and your fence display is always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun picture that first one. And a fun and bright mini for August. I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post! Love the sunflower blocks and the re-use of your daughter's 1st grade! striped fabric. Wow! The yellow line-up on the fence is fabulous. It makes me smile :) I can't believe you already have 128 blue and white blocks ready and waiting for the next clue of your mystery quilt. When finished it is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your newest quilt top, Kyle! Sunflowers are such a happy theme and perfect for this transitional time into autumn. Your quilt line-up is beautiful, too. You've created so many lovely quilts over the years. Hope your September is going well ♥

    ReplyDelete