Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June's Mini Quilt

June has found me taking the 
slow approach to the beginning of summer.
A little bit of this,
a little bit of that, along
with a little celebration of 
another trip around the sun.

With my easy going summertime style,
my monthly mini quilt is an oldie 
that was from one of my cupboards
of quilts. 


"Oso"
(which means bear in Spanish)

32" x38"
2011

How time flies.
The pattern is one of Carrie Nelson's,
Miss Rosie's Quilts Schnibbles designs.

The main fabric was a charm packet
called Good Fortune by Kate Spain and Moda.

The colors are bright and vibrant like the colors 
we experience in the summer months.
The flickering sunlight dances
across the surface.


Purples and teals,
oranges, lime greens and blues
 match the colors of flowers in the garden.


The simple constructed blocks 
meant straight forward quilting.
The whole quilt exemplifies 
the warm sunny days and
taking life easy.

My monthly check-in wouldn't be
complete without a quilt series on the barbed wire fence.


4 quilts that make me think of the happy
 colors of June.

Wendy, the Constant Quilter, has the 
list of June mini quilt makers.  Stop by
for a colorful look.
Until Next Time-
Kyle




 

18 comments:

  1. A lovely summer quilt and how wonderful those other quilts are too! I do love your barbed wire displays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how sweet! I love that row of mini quilts, and the mountains in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle maravilloso edredón de verano, siempre me encantan tus colecciones y tus fotografías

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to revisit an oldie but definitely a goodie in perfect early summer hues. I love seeing your barb wire fence displays and the soft sky colors are the perfect backdrop for this month's group. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for the June mini! I totally agree with you that the colors are summery and flowery. The design is a great way to show off those fabrics. I love seeing the quilts on your fence with the fields, sky, and mountains in the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice for the June mini! I totally agree with you that the colors are summery and flowery. The design is a great way to show off those fabrics. I love seeing the quilts on your fence with the fields, sky, and mountains in the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt, fun and refreshing. Great quilts really stand the test of time. It's always so fun to see your barbed wire fence lineups! Hope your summer continues to be easy going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May be an oldie, but still a goodie! It makes me think of the summertime spent eating popsicles from the tiny corner grocery as a child. Your row of quilts each month is something I really enjoy. I've never tried hanging any quilts on the barbed-wire fence. No snags?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I always love your barbed wire fence quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful summer mini quilt. I am so happy that you have reached into the archives as we would have otherwise not been able to enjoy this wonderful quilt! I just love your "line up". So mush fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet quilt. I always love seeing your lineup on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet summery quilt! I love this oldie but goodie :) Hanging your quilts on the fence is a spectacular way to show them off especially against that scenic background! Another trip around the sun? Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer is a perfect for taking things slow doing a little of this and that. I love the Dutch fabric scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely, Kyle. I'd forgotten about those "Scnibbles" patterns, I have a few stashed away. Your color choices are so fresh, soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is very sweet looking! A perfect summer vibe.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty colorful mini, love the four on the fence. You must have an impressive collection of mini's by now! Hope your summer is nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely light and airy quilt for June. Great pattern and I always love the photo shoot! my monthly dose of eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the photo of the quilts on the fences - total swoon!

    ReplyDelete