Monday, December 20, 2010

Wrapped Up in Christmas

What better way to get wrapped up in Christmas 
than in a Christmas quilt.

 "I Believe"
2005
Some of my favorite patterns come from Buggy Barn Quilts.
I love the unique way fabrics are cut and scrambled.
It's one of the easiest and quickest method to make a scrappy quilt
in a logical and systematic way.
Their designs are whimsical and playful.

I love this interpretation of Santa.

Lots of 1 inch squares for the sashing.  But 
remember everything is done with fabric cut in strips so 
it's not too hard.  Just be careful with your seam allowance.

Santa's on his way!


"Merry Christmas Magic"
2008

This was a fun quilt to work on as well.
It's a pattern from Kim Diehl's book, Simple Seasons.
I love doing applique especially when the style is 
more folk art and whimsical.
 The applique is done on the machine with invisible machine applique stitches.

So it was completed quickly.

  I combined both cotton and wool fabrics.
Snowmen just have to be made of white wool.
I thought the quilt recaptured happy moments of Christmas.

I used bits of all my favorite Christmas fabrics.
It's one of my favorites.

"Tis the Season"
2010

This is the quilt I added this year.  
The pattern is from the book Tis the Season
by Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks.
This quilt makes me smile with all the stockings
hung from tree to tree.
It's done with invisible machine applique with
button embellishments.
Nothing is better than to snuggle under a Christmas quilt
made from flannel.
I know someone will enjoy it soon.

One last quilt to wrap up Christmas.
"Over the River"
2009
I know the original song is really intended for Thanksgiving, (Lydia Maria Child, 1844)
but it also reflects the Christmas holiday, of
spending time with family and friends.

 I used red and green fabrics and
red embroidery.
This is designed by Crabapple Hill Patterns.
The embroidery is awesome.
It made Christmas last for months and months!
It looks perfect on the back of my sofa.
I love the picture of the horse and sleigh taking us
safely to our destination.

I ended up using leftover fabric on the back.
"Back Art"

Hoping you "Wrap Up in warm holiday memories."
Merry Christmas 
Until Next Time-

5 comments:

  1. I love your Over The River, I don't think I saw it completed, did you quilt it? Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen your Over The River quilt! The embroidery is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually looking at the 4 quilts, I machine quilted all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. You are on no reply so I couldn't respond to you. Thanks for dropping by! I LOVE your Christmas quilts. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at your Buggy Barn Santa quilt. Cute, cute. I assume this is one of those crazy patterns that they design where you start with a stack of fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete