Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ebay=Valentine Hankies

In January, 2000 I found Ebay. I loved the search, finding cool stuff, and the cut throat tactic of bidding.  I didn't have much $ to spend. But I discovered there was a lot of neat stuff out there and you could find good deals.  I started by investigating the vintage hankie category.  I didn't know there were so many different types of hankies.  Now women hankies are pretty much collected and not used. Actually, thank you for Kleenex. (invented in the 1920's)

Some hankies are quite collectible.  My first purchase was a "K" monogram hankie.  I was pretty nervous making that first bid.  That's another story.

Anyway, what I did find was all the different vintage Valentine designs out there in Ebay land.

With Valentine's Day fast approaching I thought I would share a few of the fun ones I've collected. 

Don't you love them?

Small and cute

The red and white patterns are so sweet.

Some patterns are small with lots of roses, hearts and cupids.

Some added another color.

I love the scalloped edges.

Hankies may not be popular for practical use, but they are fun to collect.  Maybe they're a symbol of comfort and style all wrapped up in one small square of fabric.

Until Next Time-Kyle

1 comment: