Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabulous Friday

For Today:
Looking Out My Window:  Yesterday there was snow.  Today it's warmer.  We certainly needed the moisture.  Every little bit helps, but rain would have been certainly preferable.

My Weekend Plans Include: The Northern Colorado Shop Hop is taking place this weekend so I am on duty at the store both Friday and Saturday.  Also on Sunday the running man is doing the Horsetooth half marathon.  I'll be waiting at the end with cheers and beer.  It ends at New Belgium brewery.

I’m Reading: Just started The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell and the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larrson

Movie Marquee:  I don't think there will be much time for movies this weekend.  I still have last weeks:  A Year in Provence.

Something Quiltie: The shop hop is a very big deal here in this area.  We do it slightly different than other places in the fact that all of the shops come together at our fairgrounds and it becomes a one stop shopping for the customers.  Many of the shops that participate are a great distance apart and this allows this event to take place just over one weekend.  It is a practical solution for the stores in our area.  And shoppers can visit each store on their own time and schedule over the next couple months.  When you get a large group of quilters together for an event like this it can be a wild and fun time.

One of My Favorite Things: I really enjoy the big band music of the 40's.  I especially like this song by the Andrew Sisters, Maxene, Patty, and La Verne, who really were sisters.  Don't you love their harmony and swing?  This clip is from the movie, Buck Privates (1941), with Abbott and Costello.




What’s For Dinner: This week I tried a recipe from the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, a Meatloaf.  It's been forever since I made a meatloaf, much to the happiness of my three girls.  This one is great, really girls.  The only change I would make is not to put the bacon on the top.  It didn't get crispy, only very soggy.  Maybe it's there to keep the meat moist.  You decide.  Because it is huge and we both have been very busy this week, we'll have it one more time tonight.  After 3 serving, I probably won't make it again for awhile.  But I would make it again.  Mine looked just like the picture. Tah Dah!

A Favorite Photo:
Ed in Seattle, 2009


Have a great weekend,
Until Next Time-

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have to work two days in a row. Great processing on the picture, I like it.

    ReplyDelete