Friday, June 4, 2010

Fabulous Friday

For today:

Looking Out My Window: There's a flotilla of geese silently gliding by.  I thinking they're checking to see if Ed is gone so it will be OK to come up on the grass.

My Weekend Plans Include: A bit of this and a bit of that. Whatever I do though, I'm staying home.

I’m Reading:  The Help, by Katheryn Stockett
 
Movie Marquee: I'm still watching the first season of The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency. This weekend from Netflix there's Brian Regan Standing Up and Up in the Air.  Last week I watched the Ultimate Gift.  Put it on your list. It's great!

Something Quiltie: One of my favorite types of quilts are two color quilts.  I have made several, red and white, blue and white, and pink and white.  It's hard to limit yourself to only two fabrics or even to only two colors. They are a classic, graphic, bold and beautiful.
I’m Thinking About: How important it is to be kind and patient with yourself and with others.

One of My Favorite Things: is to saunter in the neighborhood in the evenings and check on what's happening with the neighbors.

What I’m Planning: I am part of the Food Network.  I am either on Iron Chef or the program Chopped.  Last weekend we went exploring into the depths of the freezers.  The challenge now is to plan meals around  the secret ingredient that were discovered hiding in the back, and  buried under unidentifiable foil wrapped packages.  The challenge is to use up.  It's amazing what can be forgotten in there.

What’s For Dinner: Well, you know whatever it is, it's coming from the freezer. ..Butternut Squash Soup.

A Favorite Photo:
June, 1986
Aren't they cute?
I made the dresses and used a shadowed applique technique for the front.
Until Next Time-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment