Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flannel In the Summer?

Here's what not to do in the summer.

Do not start making a flannel quilt.
I've had a pile of flannel sitting in my quilt room for months.


I started cutting rectangles that were 4 1/2 inchesby 6 1/2 inches.
Why that size?
It just worked with the scraps I had.

I sewed the rectangles together in strips.
And then connected the pieced strips together 
with sashing.
Pretty easy.
The width of my sashing strips were based on the amount of fabric I had.

This pattern is based on the "Chinese Coins" pattern.
I had made a smaller version earlier this spring.

Be careful to line up the rectangles from
one row to the other.
It's one of the few times that I use pins.

Add some borders.
I'm not done yet.
I'm going to add some applique on the outside border.
Just to jazz it up a bit.
I'll show you later.
Warning: Do not attempt working with flannel in the summer
if you 
suffer from sudden flashes of intense heat. 
It could be deadly!

Until Next Time-Kyle

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely stay away from the flannel in the summer~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see it finished. That looks so perfect to snuggle beneath. And, well, that's the good news for sewing with flannel during the summer -- it will be all done with the cold winds start to blow.

    ReplyDelete