Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wonderul and Unique

 Oh, give me a home
where the buffalo roam


 And the geysers spout water all day,

Where Old Faithful displays
a consistent hot water spray

And the grizzles might frighten you away.
(sung to the tune of Home on the Range)

Running Man and I have been traveling again.
This time we headed north into Wyoming to
visit Teton National Park

 and, of course,
Yellowstone National Park


with beautiful 

gorgeous scenery everywhere.

Yellowstone was established in 1872
as America's first national park

Around each curve there is
scenery more breathtaking


 and more unusual
than before.

We stayed at the Snow Lodge which is next door 
to the 
 Grande Dame,

the Old Faithful Inn,
which opened in 1904.

 Here's the lobby, with its massive 4 sided fireplace

and if you look up
there's even a tree house.

We had a great time.


(note the winter coats)

Hope your travels take you someplace wonderful and unique.


Until Next Time-

14 comments:

  1. Wow - fabulous photos! Glad you were able to get away and have a good time. While my first love is the beach, there's something breathtakingly magnificent about the mountains. I think we're overdue for a trip out west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made one trip to the Tetons and Yellowstone and that was probably forty plus years ago. Still stands out in my mind as magnificent views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of photos! Brought back memories from my childhood - we traveled there in 1955 - no doubt many changes but Old Faithful is still going strong!! When we walked into the Great Room at the Inn I fell in love with logs...which carried over to today - living in a log home and still in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trip and photos. So glad you are out traveling. Welcome back to some warm temps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! I'm glad you had a good trip :0) I remember going to Yellowstone with my parents when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos! Such breathtaking scenery! Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Such spectacular scenery!! I love the lodge and inn where you stayed too. I so enjoy seeing the US through your photos. I wonder where you'll take us next?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos! thanks for taking us on your trip - I feel energized just seeing the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Beautiful spectacular photos...brought back some wonderful memories of our first year traveling down south! LOVED Yellowstone! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite place, can’t wait to get up there this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! Great pictures! I can imagine you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breath taking pictures! So nice for the 2 of you spend time surrounded by such beautiful Natural landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much beauty to see! These are wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great pictures mom! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete