Friday, April 4, 2014

Wascally Wabbits

I seem to have 
an abundance of rabbits in my yard.

 Every time my little granddaughter
comes over,
we immediately begin to search for 
the Hoppies that live at Nana's house.

Sometimes we're lucky and see one,
but most of the time we don't.
We have very sneaky bunnies.

I thought of the two of us
on our wabbit walks
while I stitched
this delightful prim wool table mat.
"Wabbits"
2014
21" x 28"
****
This is a pattern designed by 
Lynda Hall and her granddaughters
and was in the 2012 Spring edition of 
Primitive Quilts and Projects.
****
I had cut the pieces awhile ago
 
dipping into my wool stash.
The large background piece 
was a wool skirt
 seams and all.

I lighted  up the piece
 using springtime colors.

I used a simple primitive whip stitch
around the shapes,
  either with wool embroidery thread
or perel cotton.

Now that it's spring,
those wascally wabbits might be multiplying.
I'm sure 
on our next wabbit walk
we'll be finding
Hoppies around every corner.


Until Next Time-

13 comments:

  1. I love your Wabbit quilt. It will always be a reminder of time with your granddaughter. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose, especially the aqua lettering! The rabbits in the yard are so cute, but oh, the damage they can do to a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter may just want to take those wabbits home with her! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute post--and an awfully sweet wool piece. Thanks for the smiles this morning. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rabbit quilt ! How fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never made Lynda's rabbits design but I think it is oh so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Wascally Wabbits are fun! Great wool work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Kyle - very spring! I have wabbits in my yard too and they're just as sneaky as yours. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable wool runner! the wabbits have such great expressions and personality!
    My grandma had rabbits in her yard and I used to try to catch them with a fishing net. Spent hours to to avail but the chase was fun and I remember it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, I love that you made it out of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it love, love it, love it! So cute! I am going to have to get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always loved that one and am feeling a need to make it!

    ReplyDelete