Friday, August 10, 2012

The Medal Ceremony

 The results are in.
The scores have been tallied.
The medals have been awarded.

I'm happy to announce my awards:
Gold medal- for getting off the starting block
Gold medal-for having to make some decisions
about what to do and 
how to do it.
Gold medal-for invisible applique stitches

No event seems to be void of some drama.
After laying out some of the star flowers,
and getting ready to stitch, I thought,
"I'd better put a few leaves down, just to make
sure there is space."

Okay, so where did I put the 40 leaves I cut?
Not in my sewing bag.
Hmmm.

A quick phone call to Running Man back home.
"Hi, will you do me a little favor?"

"I've lost my leaves.
Would you check in my sewing room on the cutting table?"

"Nope, not there."

"How about in the spare room on the bed."

"Sorry."

"Well, then they had to have slipped in between the cushions
on the couch."

"Not there. Are you sure you cut them out?"

"Sure I'm sure."  
I was beginning to doubt myself as well.

"Well," I said slowly, "There is one more place
to look, but it's not going to be fun or easy.
Remember the stinky trash bag you took out 
Sunday morning..."

"Okay,
I'll have to call you back."

Tah-dah.
Leaves found, slightly damp, but
all there together along with the scraps.

What would the Olympics be 
without some drama.
Thanks, Running Man.

Until Next Time-

7 comments:

  1. I have done the garbage bag run too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that is one sweet running man. I think about the time I suggested going through the trash my biker guy would have bailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't have to recut them! He was a sweetie to go look there for you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would we be without our guy to go through the trash for us??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hero you have! Glad you have them - and nice leaves they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds to me like you lost more than just your leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL What a sweet hubby you have! Sounds like he's a keeper! Can't wait to see your next progress picture of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete