Monday, August 13, 2012

In The Good Ol' Summertime

 I'd love to have a couple of these
vintage sand pails.

They're so fun 
and collectable

Of course, my sister and I
had originals in 1956.
We always got a new pail and shovel each summer
when our family would head "Up North" in Michigan
for a vacation.

This is one of my favorite summertime quilts

 "Summer Pails"
2007
 66" x 66"
The pattern is from 

The fabric was a line
from Minick and Simpson of Moda.
I used only one fabric and a tone on tone star print.

Look, it's beach pails!
***

When my youngest daughters where heading off to college
 I saw this pattern and
knew I had to make each one a quilt.

"Real Women Wear Thongs"
46" x 64"
2004

Doesn't it make you laugh?
The pattern is from The Teacher's Pet
and Kathy Brown.

I had so much fun
using a variety of beads and buttons
 to embellish each block.

The chenille was from
"Chenille by the Inch" by Fabric Cafe.
It came in presewn strips that you sewed to your
quilt and by 
using a chenille brush, it fluffed up into soft chenille.

Thongs and sand pails,
remember
there are still plenty of
summer days left.

 Until Next Time-

6 comments:

  1. I have taken note of a couple bloggers who collect the old-fashioned pails but don't remember who at the moment. Your sand pail fabric was just perfect for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like summer all year round, well except at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts, Kyle!!

    I had a pail too...every summer--- to play with in my sand box...I made delicious sand pies...but I didn't eat them, only my dollies! Thanks for the memory.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts. I love the red pail fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your summer pails quilt!
    I love summer, but those nice cooler mornings are pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete