Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May Show and Tell

The poem goes "April Showers
Brings May Flowers."

It has been raining all day.  A rarity for us.
But it's cold so we might even get a bit of snow.

To counteract the gloomy feeling of the day, I have
some quilts to show.

"Sun Kissed"
2011
Here is my latest "Stashbusters" quilt.
It's a pattern by Thimble Blossoms called
Wild Thing.
It uses 2 charm packs and a little fabric for the borders.

This is the quilt I was struggling with marking my quilting design on.
I love the pattern and how it compliments the pinwheel pattern.

I love to use ric rac on a quilt.  I included hot pink around the border
and sonic orange next to the binding. 
(sorry my picture doesn't  show it)

Menopausal High and Lows
May 2011
This is a pattern from Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosey's Quilts.
It was the perfect stashbuster's quilt as well.
I dug deep into the stash and cut my own 2.5" strips and 
had fun putting them together for this quilt.

A little sewing and it looks like you pieced each one
of those squares separately.
A local quilter, Kathy H., added the whimsical
overall quilting, a perfect choice for this quilt.


Antique Tulip Quilt
1850-1875
Tulips are the signal that spring is here.
This antique quilt is is classic with
the red and green fabrics.

The red is shredding due to the age and the
dye used.
The applique work is wonderful.


I love the idea that the quilter put baskets in
the open spaces.
I think sometimes we worry too much about everything
being so precise.  Every vine in nature doesn't have
exactly the same number of leaves all in the same places.
This is a good reminder of that fact.

Well, it's still raining.
Time to go and play with some fabric.


Until Next Time-

2 comments:

  1. Awesome quilts, Kyle!! I made soup on this gray day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts, Kyle but the menopausal high and lows, what fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete