Tuesday, December 3, 2013

An Awesome Surprise

 Last night I finally had the 
opportunity to attend my local quilting guild meeting,

Everyone was feeling festive
with Christmas quilts on display
and wonderful food for a holiday potluck.

Local guilds are important groups to support.
They help to bind the quilting community together
and spread the love and joy of quilt making to others.
 They give the opportunity for us to see and 
learn new techniques, that we might not otherwise
be exposed to.

Last night LNCQ had their first raffle 
quilt drawing.
And believe it or not,
 my name was drawn!
 
 "Ocean Paradise"

What a wonderful holiday surprise,
made by many of my long time friends 
from the guild. 
 This batik queen size quilt is a 
delightful mixture of shades of blue and green,
truly feeling like a topical paradise.

But wait...
this tropical quilt will
 soon be covered with snow.

The snow clouds are starting to roll over
the foothills bringing a major snow
storm my way today.

Thanks again to my many friends
who with skilled hands made this quilt.
I'm honored to have it.


Until Next Time-

14 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Great early Christmas present and so special too. Love the cool color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't think of anyone else more deserving to win. Congratulations. Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - it is lovely! Sounds like you have a very active Guild

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful! I am thrilled for you, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your luck, buy a lottery ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you SERIOUS? What a great win! So glad you made it to the meeting so you could be the lucky winner! Congratulations! BTW - I used my new rug hooking frame yesterday - those grippers seem to be MUCH sharper than what I'm used to - really got my fingers chewed up! Will have to make a cover for it to protect myself...... Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Always fun when a guild quilt "stays in the family"
    Good luck with all the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely quilt to win - congratulations! You can dream of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful quilt - LUCKY YOU!
    How wonderful to have something with so many friendships "attached" to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it fun and amazing to win a quilt? Yours is wonderful enjoy it.
    Hope the snow is pretty and not a wallup -

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome! I've bought tickets for my guild raffle quilt for years and never won. :( blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so good to see you win the quilt! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete