Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September Show and Tell

It's a new month 
and new/old quilts to show.
The good part about this process is
that it has helped me remember
what's in my quilt collection, refold,
and air each one.

It fun to look at how my color choices, 
styles, patterns and needs have changed over the years.

This month I chose a couple quilts that went
with the Farmer's Market theme.
The Farmer's Daughter
1999

This quilt was started as a block exchange  with
my quilt group.
The pattern was from Country Threads.
It's a fun way to get a variety of
fabrics and colors.

 Plus it provides memories
of friends and time together.

This quilt's right off the ranch.
A Hole in the Barn Door
1992

I really don't live on a ranch, nor do I love
cows, but this pattern from
Red Wagon was kind of fun.
It was fun to use stripes and plaids
slightly off grain and enjoy the casual look.


I added the appliques on the border.
Notice the sheep.
It escaped through the barn door too.

September is also the time for "Back to School."
Time to learn the basics.

ABC's
2001

This pattern is designed Starry Night Pattern Co.
Instead of wools, I used flannels so it
wouldn't be so heavy.
I love Connie's whimsical and simple designs.
It was really fun to make.

Sorry but now is the time to start thinking about the
Christmas holidays if you plan to make a quilt.

The book, Tis the Season,Quilts and Other Comforts, by Jeanne Large
and Shelly Wicks is one of the best holiday books to
come along in a while. I made this quilt as
a store sample and created a kit as well.

Tis the Season
2010

I decided to make it from flannel and did fusable
applique with a machine buttonhole stitch.
Fast, fun and easy!
Machine quilted and then added button embellishments.

And, of course, stitched on  the label.

Then just an update.
I finished machine quilting my diversion,
"My Sweet Baby Nine Patch"

It was my first time to machine quilt feathers.
Fun, fun, fun!

I didn't mark or draw one line.
Try it you'll like it.

Until Next time-Kyle

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that cow quilt in so long! It brings back lots of memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new baby quilt! I remember when the cow quilt hung in your kitchen when you lived on Buttonwood.

    ReplyDelete