Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am. . . Tortoise

Well, the race to Christmas has officially started. Shoppers were up and out early on Friday morning for Black Friday and tomorrow is Cyber Monday, so start your computer engines.

We all know the story of the Tortoise and the Hare and the moral at the end of the fable, " Slow and Steady wins the Race."

Ed in Copley Square in Boston, at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.


The Hare could have certainly won the race in the story, if he had just used his talents and not defeated himself and had just stuck with his plan.

Me, I seem to take more of the position of the tortoise during the holiday season.



I just keep moving through the list, checking items off, counting the days until Christmas.  I am careful not to miss anything I need to do and try to be pretty efficient with my time.  I'm not really moving too slowly, but more carefully.  If I moved too slowly, I won't get everything done in time! For me the moral is " Slow, but steady wins the race.

So, if we become overwhelmed with the race of the holiday season, we need to remember to just focus on the tasks at hand, enjoy the moments and do what we can.  Let's be steady like the tortoise and not get caught up in "harried" moments of the holiday season.

Until Next Time-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment