Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Went to a Garden Party

I've been waiting all summer
to get to the Denver Botanical Gardens.
Well, now that it's fall,
I finally made it.

There's been a celebration of color and glass 
 mixed with the beautiful surroundings of
 the gardens going on.

Dale Chihuly's Garden and Glass
 exhibit was on display.

The colors were brilliant on
 
this beautiful fall day in Denver.

 The shapes and colors 

engaged your imagination.

The sculptures fit into the
garden landscapes
making you wonder if you were
looking at real flowers
 or glass ones,

a blazing red maple
or a object made of glass.
The sculptures really seemed to belong there.

Of course, we all wondered
how all of these glass sculptures
had survived some of the fierce hailstorms
the area had had this summer.

 It has interesting to 
look how he interprets our environment
 
 through the medium of glass.

As you can see,
 it was engaging

  for young and old alike.
If you ever have the opportunity to see
one of Dale Chihuly's exhibits
 be sure and take advantage of it and 
enjoy his work.


 Until Next Time-

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pics. The Chihuly glass display is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who is very much into Chihuly glass displays. that is how I learned about him. Is this display there all the time or is it a special event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff! Thanks you so much for sharing this. It gave me chills as I went from photo to photo! I LOVE his work. When the Winter Olympics were in Salt Lake City they had many of his pieces on display and I was entranced by it. It is amazing to see his pieces integrated with nature. Very cool! Thanks, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough to see a Dale Chihuly exhibition a few years ago in Australia and it was amazing!! They reminded me of underwater beings. How wonderful to see his work in amongst the gardens and how the interact with the flowers. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible! You got to see the original "quilt" boat with bubbles.
    I wonder how they clean all the glass sculptures - they are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing exhibit! The botanicals and glass sculptures pair up so exquisitely.
    What an inspiring and gifted artist Dale is! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did get to see an exhibit of his work, its truly amazing in a museum exhibit. There are a few in a museum in Boston I believe.
    glad you were able to visit and oh my the grounds here are just beautiful, you certainly had a beautiful day to enjoy being outside.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete