Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabulous Friday

For today:
Looking Out My Window:  Fall happened while I was gone.  The mornings are very crisp and it is sock weather again. Enjoy these beautiful Autumn days.

My Weekend Plans IncludeElizabeth has plans for us.  I think it includes yard work.  She and Ed also plan to run in the Rock and Roll half marathon race on Sunday.  Notice I was not included in those plans, just the yard work.

I’m Reading: The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson. It's his recollections of his boyhood in Des Moines, Iowa in the 50's.  For those of us who can relate, it's pretty enjoyable.

Something Quiltie: Stashbusters was yesterday and I was the presenter.  I shared the top ten techniques for becoming a great Stashbuster.  They included making and donating charity quilts, good for the stash and good for the heart, , knowing that old magazines are generally that, so keep only your favorites, and rejecting the pilot program, you know the one, pile it there or pile it here.  And the #1 way to become a terrific Stashbuster is to include some retail therapy.  It's good for your mental health, brings life to "older fabrics" and keeps my world perfectly balanced.

One of My Favorite Things: I love hamburgers. I just went to Smashbuger for the first time this week. The classic burger tasted like it had been grilled outside. My kind of burger.

I’m Thinking About: The importance of matching our words with our actions. 

What’s For Dinner: It's "Every Man for Himself".  Ed always comes up with something better than I do and then I want what he's having.  Solution:  Ed should just make double.

A Favorite Photo:  
The sunrise on Sanibel Island
Couldn't you enjoy that everyday?

Until Next Time-Kyle

1 comment:

  1. I like "What You Are Thinking About", and I like Smashburger hamburgers, mmmm makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete