Monday, December 14, 2009

A Free Spirit Detour

This past weekend I took a break from the holiday preparations and escaped for a bit of R&R south of the border-the Colorado border that is.  Ed and I and our good friends, Kay and Rudy, drove south to Santa Fe.  The Santa Fe experience is enchanting, as they say in New Mexico.


We lucked out on the weather and had a marvelous time.
Santa Fe is only about 6-7 hours away from home, depending on who is driving.  Rudy was the lucky driver and we sure appreciated him doing that.  I have been to Santa Fe twice now and find I really love it there.  All the blending of the Spanish, Mexican, Pueblo and Anglo cultures is lovely to experience.


What was the best part about the weekend was the fact, that I should have been home checking things off my ever growing list.  It isn't very often that I allow myself to deviate  from what is expected.  It felt great to be rebellious, free spirited, uninhibited, daring to go against what I should be doing. HA! Our trip was a  wonderful Christmas present to each other... just what we needed.





         It might have been a bit cold this weekend, but our hearts were warm.  Maybe it was from all the green and red chili we ate!
Until Next Time-Kyle

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! mmmmmmmm...chile! Makes me homesick!

    ReplyDelete