Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Rollin' on the Rhone

The second part of my recent trip
was spending a week on a
 small luxurious ship with only 80 fellow passengers,
gently cruising on the Rhone in southern France, and 
then enjoying extraordinary experiences at different ports.

lavender fields

It had been on my bucket list for a long time, but truthfully,
I was hesitant to even consider this trip because
I had been nervous about feeling seasick,
but I have to say,
it was smooth sailing all the way.


Our itinerary was a wonderful mixture 

of scenery: 
the bridge at Avignon

history:
the Arles Roman amphitheater

 picturesque villages:

Viviers, France

wonderful wine tastings:


 and  gastronomical experiences: 
 tastings at a truffle farm

There was never a moment to get bored. 
This trip, one of Tauck's River Cruises,
gave us cultural experiences
ensuring memories for a life time. 

Happy Travels,
Rollin',rollin' rollin' down the river.
Kyle

16 comments:

  1. How lovely! I am so inspired by your pictures...hurrah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--so inspiring! Hubby has been talking about a river cruise someday. Maybe I should be encouraging him more. :)
    Glad you got to experience this, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of cruise. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to experience the country! I'm so glad it's working out to be a positive and memory filled time for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a dreamy vacation! So many wonderful memories and beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - being in the lavender fields must have been amazing...The appeal of a smaller boat gently floating down the river sounds so much more enticing that a huge cruise ship with thousands of party-goers. You both look so relaxed and happy - sounds like a perfect vacation! Love your photo of the winding stone covered walkway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing trip! I'm seriously going to look at Tauck for a trip.
    Thanks for sharing your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely! We're just back from a river cruise on the Danube and I think it spoiled us for other types of travel as it was so much fun and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your river cruise. I am enjoying the French scenery. Fields of lavender are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow it all looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing beautiful travel photos.
    Loved your couple photo - such joy on your faces

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous travel photos / the river cruise looks awesome and oh all of that lavender!! just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so happy for you. Those lavender fields are gorgeous and I love that one photo in the village with the cobblestone walkways. I would be hanging a framed copy of that last photo on my wall, just to keep this marvelous memory fresh on my mind. It would be great to look at this winter when there is snow on the ground. Your smiles show us all how much fun your having:)

    ReplyDelete