Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stop! Try the Go

Summer may be a time of relaxation, 
casual activities,
or just plan doing nothing.

But each day I could be loosing 1000's of
brain cells, that can never be retrieved.
And sometimes it feels like the supply of cells
may be running low.

So I made it a 
LET'S LEARN SOMETHING NEW DAY.


My friend, Terrie, is a gadget girl and also
the author of the book, Miniatures in Minutes.


She is always on the cutting edge of what's new 
in the quilting world.
She has been having more fun and creating wonderful quilts with
the Accuquilt  Go.


It's a fabric cutter that uses dies that cut shapes
 fast, accurate, and easily.

I wanted to learn so 
I headed over to her home for a lesson.
I wanted to cut some little baskets
from Alex Anderson's designer die cut.
Terrie's blog, Bits and Pieces, has an
excellent tutorial on this very die cut shape.
She knows what's up.

I, on the other hand, just had fun
cranking out pieces.
Place fabrics on the die.

Crank it through the machine.

There are the pieces cut into perfect pieces.

Then with a bit of sewing magic,
there are the basket blocks.

They sewed together easily.
I had more trouble with the basket
handles, machine appliqueing them on.

But that's OK.
It was a good day to exercise my brain


and learn something new.

Until Next Time-

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I have been wondering if I want one of these accuquilts. Only problem where would I store it.....on Eric's side of the bed?

    ReplyDelete